To Y2K or not to Y2K: A New Y2K Survey
Author Message
 To Y2K or not to Y2K: A New Y2K Survey

I'm interested in taking a little informal survey of VB pros and
amateurs on the Y2K bug.

There have been several informal surveys on Y2K already -- one of the
best in terms of the number of relevant respondents was "THE ESTIMATED
IMPACT OF THE YEAR 2000 PROBLEM IN THE UNITED STATES", put out by the
WASHINGTON D.C. YEAR 2000 GROUP (you can obtain the report from their
website at http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

I don't wish to compete with that respectable report, rather, I'd like
to guage how VB programmers react to the problem as a group.  I'll put
the same questions to you that the WDCY2K Group put to their readers:

======================= BEGIN SURVEY =============================
1. DESCRIBE YOUR PROFESSIONAL CATEGORY:
  A. Corporate/Business (non-Y2K)
  B. Government
  C. Military
  D. Educational
  E. Organization (e.g., a .org domain)
  F. Y2K Product/Tool/Services Vendor
  G. Consultant/Analyst/Consulting Firm
  H. Legal
  I. Press
  J. Recruiter
  K. Other (Describe in comments section below)

2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE ESTIMATED IMPACT OF THE Y2K CRISIS IN
THE UNITED STATES? (pick one):
0  No real impact
1  Local impact for some enterprises
2  Significant impact for many enterprises
3  Significant market adjustment (20%+ drop); some bankruptcies
4  Economic slowdown; rise in unemployment; isolated social incidents
5  Mild recession; isolated supply/infrastructure problems; runs on
banks
6  Strong recession; local social disruptions; many bankruptcies
7  Political crises; regional supply/infrastructure problems,
disruptions
8  Depression; infrastructure crippled; markets collapse; local
martial law
9  Supply/infrastructure collapse; widespread disruptions, martial law
10 Collapse of US government; possible famine

YOUR COMMENTS:

====================== END OF SURVEY =============================

If you'd rather avoid bandwidth on comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
(although I don't see why this survey would be off topic in this

tally the results, post them to my website, then notify this newsgroup
of the web address.

:)             aka Jack Voltz            :)  Web: www.ovnet.com/~voltz
:)      M  A  R  A  N  A  T  H  A  !     :)
:)    S i e m p r e  P o r   V i d a !   :)
Prolife: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~voltz/prolife.htm
Music:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~voltz/music.htm

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Y2K tool to assess,remediate visual basic tool for Y2k compliance

2. New Y2K Scanning Tool for Microsoft Access!

3. Date Literals Not y2k Compliant

4. DTP not y2K complienace

5. Date/Y2K problem

6. A Y2k bug, help!