ActiveX exe used to process large processing jobs
Author Message
 ActiveX exe used to process large processing jobs

I have a couple of projects that just push JET to the limit and
in some cases it really should be moved to a real database
engine but of course the client doesn't want to do that.

One of the problems is the processing is just excessive.
As hard as I try, processing time for somethings is just
hours and it ties up the machine completely.  In the
 VB5  help under Doevents it illudes to a better way
to process such things.  They say put in a callable
ActiveX exe.  I have limited experience in ActiveX
controls, but the few small things I have done,  work
fine.  But what is an ActiveX exe and is there anywhere
that I can find out more on how to pass a process to
an ActiveX exe, continue to do other things and still
get the data where I need it.

Please email me directly if you can, because this board
is so active, within a short time its not available.

Thanks
Barry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Asynchronous Process using ActiveX Exe

2. Managing/processing a large number of large arrays

3. ActiveX Exe and independant process

4. background processing with activex exe

5. How do I create an out of process ActiveX Exe

6. Accessing a ActiveX EXE thread from another process.

7. ActiveX exe starts a new process for each thread

8. Out-of-process ActiveX exe isn't...

9. Outlook.exe process still running after using Outlook Object

10. How to kill a process on a remote NT server (without using rkill.exe)

11. Creating batch job processes

12. ! ANY TYPE OF DATA PROCESSING JOB !