Showing the Caption (always)
Author Message
 Showing the Caption (always)

Dear All,
I have developed a nice program that does a lot of file
manipulation.   When a file is open and loaded, its name is
shown in the caption of the main window.   I let several copies
run at the same time, each one working on a different file.
My problem is that if I do something else with another Windows
app and later I want to go back to one of my programs using
ALT-TAB, the rectangle that gets displayed in the center of the
screen contains just the name of my program and not the
complete caption.

-> So my question is: how can I do to modify the caption shown
during the scrolling with ALT-TAB ?
There must be some WinAPI call for doing this ...

Thanks in advance

Marco Faustinelli - Haarlem, the Netherlands

Sat, 28 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Showing the Caption (always)

Quote:

>-> So my question is: how can I do to modify the caption shown
>during the scrolling with ALT-TAB ?
>There must be some WinAPI call for doing this ...

Simpler than that.

The name shown with Alt-Tab is the Title of the app.

In your code put App.Title = astring (e.g a form caption) and this is
what gets shown with Alt-Tab.  When making an exe there is a box for
entering the Title, however this is overidden at run time by specifing
App.Title , which takes immediate effect.

Richard Mason, Stevenage, UK

Sat, 28 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Showing inactive windows on top or showing always...

2. Showing inactive windows on top or showing always...

3. Show title on the taskbar (the form has no title(=caption))

4. Force the task bar to show title when the form caption is empty

5. Subclassing to show menu captions

6. How to change the caption shown in the task manager application list

7. Properties Do not always show

8. Always show new lines on Tex Box

9. Active-Deactive form, Always show a form in front of another

10. Child form always show when loading

11. VB Script to always show $.00 Cents

12. Closing Project Always Shows Save Dialog