Entering text into a text box at a specific point
Author Message
 Entering text into a text box at a specific point

I'm trying to insert text into a text box or RTE at a specific point.

EG: One sunny day the cat and the dog had some tea.

     <insert text here>

    And they all lived happy in the end.

    The text needs to be inserted where ever
    the user clicks the mouse button and must
    leave the two sentences above and below intact

    Any ideas?

    Thanking You in advance.

    Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Entering text into a text box at a specific point
Check out the SelStart Property in the help files. This should give you the
ability to split the existing text into two variables and concatenate them
with the text the user types.

Anyway if the application is set to insert text rather than overtype surely
this should be happening as the user types.

Kind regards
Tim ffitch

Quote:
> I'm trying to insert text into a text box or RTE at a specific point.

> EG: One sunny day the cat and the dog had some tea.

>      <insert text here>

>     And they all lived happy in the end.

>     The text needs to be inserted where ever
>     the user clicks the mouse button and must
>     leave the two sentences above and below intact

>     Any ideas?

>     Thanking You in advance.

>     Steve

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tabbing from text box to text box using the enter key

2. text entered into Text box increments a variable

3. Keeping focus on button while entering text in text box

4. getting a specific line of text from a text box (vb5)

5. Keeping focus on button while entering text in text box

6. Validating text entered in a text box??????

7. enter two columns of text to a text or edit box

8. Insert text at the insertion point within a text box

9. Positioning text to specific locations in a rich text box

10. enter ctrl+enter key into a text box

11. Is it possible to enter a text directly to a ListView (only on a specific column)

12. Text box text on new page text box