Data Environment / Data Report Problem
Author Message
 Data Environment / Data Report Problem

I have written a program in VB6.0 and within it I have created a data
environment connected to an MS Access database. Within the data environment
is a stored command which I use to retrieve information for a report.

When I run the report I first run the stored command passing a value as a
parameter to get the correct information. Then I run the data report which
is linked to that command (datasource and datamember properties). The data
report can either be viewed in preview mode or printed automatically.

I have a customer who is using the program and is experiencing a problem
where the data environment is taking upto 40 seconds to run the command and
retrieve the information for the report. Normally it takes 1-4 seconds on
various other PC's that we have tested it on.

Does anybody know what might cause this? The customer has Windows Millenium
running. The development PC is running Windows XP. The software has been
tested on Windows 98 and works fine.

Any help much appreciated.

Andrew

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:58:19 GMT

1. Data Environment / Data Report Problem

2. Problem with Data Environment and Data Report

3. Data Report Designer and Data Environment Problem

4. MNS VB 6.0 Data Environment and Data Report Run time problem

5. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

6. Help! Data Report without Data Environment

7. data report / data environment designers

8. Data Environment / Data Report / Changing database file at run time

9. VB6 Data Environment & Data Report

10. help - data environment and data reports

11. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

12. data report / data environment designers