Instaling fonts in Windows 95
Author Message
 Instaling fonts in Windows 95

Hi!

        I am new to this newsgroup, and I like to
introduce myself. I am a Visual Basic
programmer since august(in past years I used
C++ a lot, but it was not efficient enough
to create applications for windows), and I
develop sophisticated multimedia
applications using VB 4.0.
        Since I started to code, I have a problem
with installing fonts on the users machine.
In Windows 3.11 there is no problem. For
every .ttf file you use a
CreateScalableFontResource function from
Windows API to get a .fot which you add to
the system registry by calling
AddFontResource with the path to the fot
file as a parameter. To permamently install
the font you change the win.ini file
properly. That's all. In Windows 95 system
does not see this fonts available after
mentioned operations.

Mateusz Radziszewski

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

2. Windows 95/98 and NT Stock Fonts?

3. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

4. Creating Windows 95 help files - font problem

5. If you are using Windows 95 or Windows NT

6. Deploy dotnet windows application in windows 95/98

7. Vb5 in Windows 95 or Windows 98

8. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

9. Windows NT Password Change From Windows 95 Client

10. Newbie: VB4, Windows 95 platform, Windows 3.1 target

11. Compile under Windows 3.1 different from compile under Windows 95

12. Windows 95 vs. Windows NT Registry updates