Expiration time on program
Author Message
 Expiration time on program

I have seen several programs (usually shareware or demos) that will
allow you to use the program for 30 days and then disable themselves.
Deleting and reinstalling them does not reset the time.  How can I
configure one of my programs to do this?  Where do I store the initial
install date so reinstalling my program does not reset the time it can
be used?

--

PGP key ID: = 0xD0EA6825 (on keyservers)
FP: DCC4FE1528EEEDAD 51C21CB6AE0CE45E

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Expiration time on program

: I have seen several programs (usually shareware or demos) that will
: allow you to use the program for 30 days and then disable themselves.
: Deleting and reinstalling them does not reset the time.  How can I
: configure one of my programs to do this?  Where do I store the initial
: install date so reinstalling my program does not reset the time it can
: be used?

short answer:  wherever you want.
complete answer:  wherever the hell you want.
more complete answer:  "    "   "    "   "  , including the registry
                and/or ini files.  of course a little care should
                be taken so its not too easy for your user to
                find out.  also, it is often desirable to write
                the entry at run time rather than install time,
                as this will lessen the chance that your installation
                program's uninstaller will remove this (ostensibly
                you don't want your user to be able to reinstall
                and thus buy himself another 30 days).

- adrian

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ******Expiration of Program******

2. How does Netscape program expiration date?

3. Code for program expiration ?

4. Need advice on controling application expiration

5. Get Password Expiration

6. Get NT Expiration

7. VS.NET BETA 2 Expiration

8. Cookies - how to determine expiration DATE??

9. Password Expiration

10. Expiration

11. Expiration date

12. demo software expiration