Need to generate tones through PC speaker in VB4
Author Message
 Need to generate tones through PC speaker in VB4

Under VB 3.0, I was able to generate tones through the PC speaker using
routines in SOUND.DRV.  These no longer work under VB4.0/Win95.  Is there a
replacement routine I can use?  I tried the BEEP API function, but it doesn't
work as advertised (no control over freq. or duration).

Bob

Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to generate tones through PC speaker in VB4

Quote:
> Under VB 3.0, I was able to generate tones through the PC speaker using
> routines in SOUND.DRV.  These no longer work under VB4.0/Win95.  Is there
> replacement routine I can use?  I tried the BEEP API function, but it
doesn't
> work as advertised (no control over freq. or duration).

> Bob

        i have had the same problem forever. i must have spent 4 hours trying to
get that stupid "BEEP" function to work. ach!!!!

--
Jon Clegg

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need to send tones through PC speaker from VB4

2. tones from pc speaker?

3. Wanting to generate DTMF tone in VB4.0 and SoundBlaster

4. (HELP) PC SPEAKER Vs SOUND CARD SPEAKER (HELP)

5. VB4 - PC Speaker Beep frequency

6. New to DirectX -- Need to generate tones in VB.NET

7. I need help with the PC Speaker

8. adjust speaker tone?

9. Speaker Tones with VBScript

10. dll for speaker tones (win 95)