MSDN Help
Author Message
 MSDN Help

Hope someone can help out with a problem.  I have installed VB 6 Enterprise
Edition a number of times and then installed the MSDN software.  During the
VB installation I am asked to insert the MSDN CD, but I get the message
"Specified Location is Invalid".  I then install it maually which works
fine.  Problem is though that whenever I F1 on a VB keyword or control, I
get the message "The MSDN collection does not exist, please reinstall MSDN"

Any ideas?

Regards,

Paul

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MSDN Help
Try this: Uninstall MSDN again, and after you do, also delete the
hhcolreg.dat file in /%windows%/help/.  This is where the collection keeps
the information it needs on where everything is located.  Then, reinstall.
A new hhcolreg.dat will be created.  If you're running any Microsoft
Management Console (MMC) apps, they'll need to be reinstalled as well as
their Help also uses the hhcolreg.dat file.

David
Microsoft HTML Help MVP

**David's HTMLHelp Center is at:
http://www.vbexplorer.com/htmlhelp.asp

Quote:
> Hope someone can help out with a problem.  I have installed VB 6
Enterprise
> Edition a number of times and then installed the MSDN software.  During
the
> VB installation I am asked to insert the MSDN CD, but I get the message
> "Specified Location is Invalid".  I then install it maually which works
> fine.  Problem is though that whenever I F1 on a VB keyword or control, I
> get the message "The MSDN collection does not exist, please reinstall
MSDN"

> Any ideas?

> Regards,

> Paul

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unable to use MSDN help files with beta 2

2. MSDN help

3. SEARCH MSDN HELP VB6

4. MSDN help

5. msdn help files for VB6 please

6. MSDN Help File

7. MSDN Help and Favorites Tab

8. MSDN help?

9. installing the msdn help files on a network

10. MSDN Help not installed msg V6.0

11. VB MSDN Help links disabled on my Win 2K system

12. Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install