3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?
Author Message
 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?

Hi there all,

we are facing some strange phenomenon on one of our
VB5-based, MS-ACCESS 97 using applications:
running on NT 4.0 SP4 - VB5 based multi-user environment,
the 3050-error occurs from time to time when calling a
"ws.opendatabase" from one of our  applications.

We have no idea where this comes from.

If we insert a second "ws.opendatabase" in the code, it
all runs fine.But this is certainly a quite unsatisfying
solution -:-)

Does anybody have a clue?

-:-), Dirk & Thomas from Germany.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?
It might be a network problem.

We use JET10
an MDB and LDB file is in use, EVERY user needs full access to the LDB file
(Lock DB)!

Might be a sollution?

Quote:

>Hi there all,

>we are facing some strange phenomenon on one of our
>VB5-based, MS-ACCESS 97 using applications:
>running on NT 4.0 SP4 - VB5 based multi-user environment,
>the 3050-error occurs from time to time when calling a
>"ws.opendatabase" from one of our  applications.

>We have no idea where this comes from.

>If we insert a second "ws.opendatabase" in the code, it
>all runs fine.But this is certainly a quite unsatisfying
>solution -:-)

>Does anybody have a clue?

>-:-), Dirk & Thomas from Germany.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?
Two users are accessing the database at the same time, so you're getting a
locking conflict.  Your addition of the second OpenDatabase call, will solve
it 90% of the time, but you should really put in a retry loop.  Retry 3
times after pausing a few milliseconds.
Quote:

> Hi there all,

> we are facing some strange phenomenon on one of our
> VB5-based, MS-ACCESS 97 using applications:
> running on NT 4.0 SP4 - VB5 based multi-user environment,
> the 3050-error occurs from time to time when calling a
> "ws.opendatabase" from one of our  applications.

> We have no idea where this comes from.

> If we insert a second "ws.opendatabase" in the code, it
> all runs fine.But this is certainly a quite unsatisfying
> solution -:-)

> Does anybody have a clue?

> -:-), Dirk & Thomas from Germany.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3050 error - Couldn't Lock File

2. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

3. HELP: Error 3050 Couldn't lock file

4. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

5. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

6. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

7. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

8. ERROR - 3050 couldn′t lock file

9. 3050 locking errors (COULDN'T LOCK FILE) - any ideas?

10. Run-time error '3050': Could not lock file

11. VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File

12. VB Error 3050: Couldn't lock file; SHARE.EXE hasn't been loaded.