how to check if user is connected to the internet
Author Message
 how to check if user is connected to the internet

How can i check if a client computer is connected to the internet or
not. i would use WININET APIs. i did try to use InternetOpen &
InternetConnect, but i get vb crashed when pc is not connected to the
internet.

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:26:02 GMT
 how to check if user is connected to the internet

Quote:

> How can i check if a client computer is connected to the internet or
> not. i would use WININET APIs. i did try to use InternetOpen &
> InternetConnect, but i get vb crashed when pc is not connected to the
> internet.

Hi I belive I have a module that will check to see if the computer is
connected to the net with a modem or network card.

Let me know if you want it.

Mavrick

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 07:37:34 GMT
 how to check if user is connected to the internet
Post it here, I'd like a copy.
Quote:

> > How can i check if a client computer is connected to the internet or
> > not. i would use WININET APIs. i did try to use InternetOpen &
> > InternetConnect, but i get vb crashed when pc is not connected to the
> > internet.

> Hi I belive I have a module that will check to see if the computer is
> connected to the net with a modem or network card.

> Let me know if you want it.

> Mavrick

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 07:47:41 GMT
 how to check if user is connected to the internet
Quote:

> > How can i check if a client computer is connected to the internet or
> > not. i would use WININET APIs. i did try to use InternetOpen &
> > InternetConnect, but i get vb crashed when pc is not connected to the
> > internet.

> Hi I belive I have a module that will check to see if the computer is
> connected to the net with a modem or network card.

> Let me know if you want it.

> Mavrick

Thanks Mavrick,

thanks once again for your cooperation.

Arif

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:46:57 GMT
 how to check if user is connected to the internet

Quote:

> > > How can i check if a client computer is connected to the internet or
> > > not. i would use WININET APIs. i did try to use InternetOpen &
> > > InternetConnect, but i get vb crashed when pc is not connected to the
> > > internet.

> > Hi I belive I have a module that will check to see if the computer is
> > connected to the net with a modem or network card.

> > Let me know if you want it.

> > Mavrick
> Thanks Mavrick,

> thanks once again for your cooperation.

> Arif

we can also use,
Declare Function InternetGetConnectedState Lib "wininet.dll" ( _
           ByRef lpdwFlags As Long, _
           ByVal dwReserved As Long _
) As Long

which return 0 if client is not connected to the internet else > 0

Arif

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 03:59:52 GMT

1. Am I connected to Internet?

2. Am I connected to Internet?

3. Check to see if connect to internet

4. Check to see if connect to internet

5. Check if connecting to the internet

6. Check to see if connect to internet

7. Check if connecting to the internet

8. Check if connecting to the internet

9. API call to check whether a user is connected to network

10. Help: VB4 16 Bit - I need to check if user is connected to a network

11. Check if user is connected to the new

12. Help: VB4 16 bit - Need to check if user is connected to a network