Cut and Paste problem with Rich Text Editor Control
Author Message
 Cut and Paste problem with Rich Text Editor Control

This is my second submission to this newsgroup.
My last submission resulted in the perfect answer to my question.

Anyway, my problem is with the Rich Text Editor Control in VB5.0.
I know that with a plain Text Box Control, you can use the left mouse
button to highlight text and then use the right mouse button to
cut/copy and then paste.

I've tried using the same technique with the Rich Text Editor Control,
but it does not work.

I highlight the text that I want copied, but then I have to use Ctrl+C
to actually copy the text. The right mouse button does nothing.

Do I have to program the right button for the Rich Text Control or is
it just a missing function of the RText control?

As always, I am very grateful for any responses.
Thank-you,
Cameron Dyck

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cut and Paste problem with Rich Text Editor Control

Hi!

Look at the properties for the rich text box and simply set the
AutoVerbMenu to True and it will give you the shortcut menu with
copy/paste etc...

HTH

Brad

Quote:
>This is my second submission to this newsgroup.
>My last submission resulted in the perfect answer to my question.

>Anyway, my problem is with the Rich Text Editor Control in VB5.0.
>I know that with a plain Text Box Control, you can use the left mouse
>button to highlight text and then use the right mouse button to
>cut/copy and then paste.

>I've tried using the same technique with the Rich Text Editor Control,
>but it does not work.

>I highlight the text that I want copied, but then I have to use Ctrl+C
>to actually copy the text. The right mouse button does nothing.

>Do I have to program the right button for the Rich Text Control or is
>it just a missing function of the RText control?

>As always, I am very grateful for any responses.
>Thank-you,
>Cameron Dyck

"The avalanche has already started, it is...
Too late, for the pebbles to vote."
                                        -Kosh

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cut and Paste problem with Rich Text Editor Control
Dag...How about that? Learn something new every day...  =)
Quote:

> Hi!

> Look at the properties for the rich text box and simply set the
> AutoVerbMenu to True and it will give you the shortcut menu with
> copy/paste etc...

> HTH

> Brad

> >This is my second submission to this newsgroup.
> >My last submission resulted in the perfect answer to my question.

> >Anyway, my problem is with the Rich Text Editor Control in VB5.0.
> >I know that with a plain Text Box Control, you can use the left mouse
> >button to highlight text and then use the right mouse button to
> >cut/copy and then paste.

> >I've tried using the same technique with the Rich Text Editor Control,
> >but it does not work.

> >I highlight the text that I want copied, but then I have to use Ctrl+C
> >to actually copy the text. The right mouse button does nothing.

> >Do I have to program the right button for the Rich Text Control or is
> >it just a missing function of the RText control?

> >As always, I am very grateful for any responses.
> >Thank-you,
> >Cameron Dyck

> "The avalanche has already started, it is...
> Too late, for the pebbles to vote."
>                                         -Kosh

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cut and Paste problem with Rich Text Editor Control

2. Problem pasting into a Rich Text control

3. Mouse controlled cut/paste with Text Boxes in VBA

4. Cut and Paste Out of a Rich Textbox ?

5. copy-paste in rich text control

6. pasting objects into Rich Text control?

7. Wrapping text around a bmp image in the rich text editor

8. Text Editor Using Rich Text Box

9. Macro: Search, Cut, Paste Hidden Text

10. Table/text field/cut&paste

11. Cut/paste from a disabled text box?

12. Cut from web browser paste to text box