Problem Displaying a form over another form
Author Message
 Problem Displaying a form over another form

Hi all. I am trying to bring up multiple
instances of a form, over another form,
from within a For-Next Loop; each time
with different data and wait for the user
to click to clear the form and bring up
the next.

What's happenning is only the last form
is shown. It seems that when the form
loads, it completely ignores the command
click event which is to unload the form.

Can anyone shed some light on how to do
this? Much appreciated. (If you want to
Email remove the *** from the address)

Wed, 29 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem Displaying a form over another form

 Glenn

Quote:
>Hi all. I am trying to bring up multiple
>instances of a form, over another form,
>from within a For-Next Loop; each time
>with different data and wait for the user
>to click to clear the form and bring up
>the next.

How are you creating the instances? You need to use something like:

  Dim f As New Form2
  f.Show

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Wed, 29 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem Displaying a form over another form

try opening the forms like this....
form1.Show 1
--
Ed Wilk
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/6760/index.html

Quote:
> Hi all. I am trying to bring up multiple
> instances of a form, over another form,
> from within a For-Next Loop; each time
> with different data and wait for the user
> to click to clear the form and bring up
> the next.

> What's happenning is only the last form
> is shown. It seems that when the form
> loads, it completely ignores the command
> click event which is to unload the form.

> Can anyone shed some light on how to do
> this? Much appreciated. (If you want to
> Email remove the *** from the address)

Thu, 30 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem Displaying a form over another form

Quote:

>Hi all. I am trying to bring up multiple
>instances of a form, over another form,
>from within a For-Next Loop; each time
>with different data and wait for the user
>to click to clear the form and bring up
>the next.

>What's happenning is only the last form
>is shown. It seems that when the form
>loads, it completely ignores the command
>click event which is to unload the form.

Are the forms being displayed modally?

---------------------
John Tabor

http://www.kinetic-media.com/users/jtabor

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem Displaying a form over another form

Without knowing HOW you are currently bringing up the forms its tough to
tell whats wrong but you probably need to ensure that each form is a
"thisForm as NEW FORM". You could also create them into an ARRAY or
COLLECTION which would make SHOWing, and other manipulations easier since
you can pass the "i"th form as a FORM object to other routines i.e. --->

Dim theFORMArray(0 to howEverMany) as FORM
Call DoSomething theFORMArray(i)
SUB DoSomething (theFrm as FORM)
ENDSUB

regards,
tob

Quote:
> Hi all. I am trying to bring up multiple
> instances of a form, over another form,
> from within a For-Next Loop; each time
> with different data and wait for the user
> to click to clear the form and bring up
> the next.

> What's happenning is only the last form
> is shown. It seems that when the form
> loads, it completely ignores the command
> click event which is to unload the form.

> Can anyone shed some light on how to do
> this? Much appreciated. (If you want to
> Email remove the *** from the address)

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. display form while a modal form is displayed

2. Custom form to create and Standard form to display

3. Displaying a window form in another window form

4. maximize child form display multiple tool box controls on main form

5. Display Form / Pic Box on other Form

6. How to have form display above another after clicking off form

7. Display Form from a background form

8. Display part of a form in a form?

9. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

10. How to display a form in a form ...

11. Displaying a form within another form

12. Cant display forms form control