data binding objects/ data classes etc
Author Message
 data binding objects/ data classes etc

 I'd like to hear your opinions on this...

Having had many problems with what I consider to be 'limitations' in
using bound controls, I am exploring using VB6's data binding objects.

Consider this setup... If I use a class object as a data source and use
data binding objects to bind the data from that object to a form, I
have to write code in the form to create the necessary binding
collections/objects etc. and also need code to query and handle the
DBO's datachanged properties prior to update etc.

This seems a lot of code for a form to hold in this age of n-tier
apps... My question is: Is there any benefit in using a data bound
class object between the data-source object and the form?  This would
minimise code in the form itself, meaning that the form would only have
to create one object and call its methods and read/write its
properties.  This new class could handle things like the data-changed
properties etc.

...or am I just making extra work for myself??

Thanks in advance!
--
Ian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

2. Creating a control class that can be a data binding data source

3. Data Bound Combo Box within a Data Bound Grid

4. Data bound Combos or Not Data Bound Combos

5. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

6. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

7. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

8. n-tier ADO data component, factory classes, recordset passing, etc

9. HELP!!!: Data-binding to collection classes

10. Binding class to Data

11. VB 6 Data-bound class question

12. Bind Grid to Data Source Class