C++ based DLL calls question
Author Message
 C++ based DLL calls question

Matthew,
I've had this problem before, too.  I found that the best resolution was,
indeed, to write a "wrapper" layer as you suggested.  I would not even know
where to begin trying to create pointers to pointers within VB!  I've also
found that structures are difficult to port to VB (especially structures
containing pointers).

You should not, however, have to convert your strings to byte arrays before
passing them to the dll.  This would create a lot of unneeded headaches!  If
the wrapper function is declared properly, you can pass the strings directly
to the dll without modification.  For more information on this, read the
article "passing strings to dll procedures" in VB help.

Good Luck!

Adam

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0 calling C++ 5.0 DLL that calls winsock.dll

2. Reports on answers to my --- Question: How do you call a Visual C++ (DLL)

3. Compiling a C++ code to build a .DLL using VB Calls Question

4. Calling a C++ DLL function which takes an C++ object as parameter

5. call another DLL from within a C++ DLL

6. DLL question -- integrating VB with C++ DLL

7. calling/loading c++ dll

8. Calling VBA dll functions with C or C++

9. call C++ dll in VB.net

10. Debugging C++ DLL which is called from VB

11. Calling a C++ DLL using vb

12. Instability when calling a C++ DLL from VB.NET