listview delete items?
Author Message
 listview delete items?

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to delete items from a listview and all the
help I can find says nothing about this. I noticed a clear item but nothing
on how it works or what it does.. I want to add items to the list as they
are created and be able to delete them from the db by highlighting the item
and hitting del or right clicking on it and selecting delete. I can add
items just fine but short of totally rebuilding the list I can't figure out
how to delete items. Please help!!

Thanks!
-Craig

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 listview delete items?

Quote:
>Hi,
>I'm trying to figure out how to delete items from a listview and all the
>help I can find says nothing about this. I noticed a clear item but nothing
>on how it works or what it does.. I want to add items to the list as they
>are created and be able to delete them from the db by highlighting the item
>and hitting del or right clicking on it and selecting delete. I can add
>items just fine but short of totally rebuilding the list I can't figure out
>how to delete items. Please help!!

>Thanks!
>-Craig

there should be a "RemoveItem" method for that.  Look in the help file
with "AddItem" and "Clear" for the syntax

eggers1 AT tsil DOT net

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 listview delete items?

Ah yes I found it, remove. I must say finding it in the help was no fun at
all.. I also have another question. For some reason my lists the index item
is editable, how do I make it so is not? (you can change it in the same
method you might change a filename)

Quote:

>>Hi,
>>I'm trying to figure out how to delete items from a listview and all the
>>help I can find says nothing about this. I noticed a clear item but nothing
>>on how it works or what it does.. I want to add items to the list as they
>>are created and be able to delete them from the db by highlighting the item
>>and hitting del or right clicking on it and selecting delete. I can add
>>items just fine but short of totally rebuilding the list I can't figure out
>>how to delete items. Please help!!

>>Thanks!
>>-Craig

>there should be a "RemoveItem" method for that.  Look in the help file
>with "AddItem" and "Clear" for the syntax

>eggers1 AT tsil DOT net

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 listview delete items?

snip

Quote:
>all.. I also have another question. For some reason my lists the index item
>is editable, how do I make it so is not? (you can change it in the same
>method you might change a filename)

snip

check the LabelEdit property... it should be set to manual... this
means that you will control all editing and if you don't do anything
about it, it won't happen....

eggers1 AT tsil DOT net

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Repost: Deleting last listview item

2. Delete last Listview Item

3. How to iterate through and delete mutiple selected items from a listview

4. Delete Listview Item

5. Deleting ListView items

6. ListView.EnsureVisible near deleted item

7. Deleting ListView items

8. Delete multiple listview items?

9. Quick Redraw a ListView After deleting Item(s)

10. Deleting all items from a listview?

11. Delete item in listview

12. Quick Redraw a ListView After deleting Item(s)