Timer events have their own DoEvents?
Author Message
 Timer events have their own DoEvents?

When a Timer event is not triggered, does it relax its grip on the system?
For example, I have a Timer with a 50 ms interval, so is it worth me putting
a "DoEvents" as the first command in its code?

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:57:19 GMT
 Timer events have their own DoEvents?

The timer is controlled by the system. It(the OS) simply sends a
WM_TIMER message or calls the specified callback function..
I'm not sure which method VB is using internally,  but either way your
app is free between messages.

Quote:
>When a Timer event is not triggered, does it relax its grip on the system?
>For example, I have a Timer with a 50 ms interval, so is it worth me putting
>a "DoEvents" as the first command in its code?

Regards, Frank.

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:07:35 GMT
 Timer events have their own DoEvents?

Quote:
> The timer is controlled by the system. It(the OS) simply sends a
> WM_TIMER message or calls the specified callback function..
> I'm not sure which method VB is using internally,  but either way your
> app is free between messages.

Thanks, Frank.  :)

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:45:04 GMT
 Timer events have their own DoEvents?
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:45:04 +1000, "OTSER" <No E-Mail Address>
decided to enlighten us with :

Quote:

>> The timer is controlled by the system. It(the OS) simply sends a
>> WM_TIMER message or calls the specified callback function..
>> I'm not sure which method VB is using internally,  but either way your
>> app is free between messages.

>Thanks, Frank.  :)

Also, the timer cannot fire if the app is in a tight loop without a
DoEvents in the loop. Any type of processor intensive activity will
cause the timer to skip events in a similar fashion.

        J.
        Jeremiah D. Seitz
        Porch karaoke king and the guy who runs with 8< scissors >8
        Omega Techware
        http://omegatechware.hypermart.net

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:36:01 GMT

1. Multiple Timers, Events Queue, DoEvents Don't Work

2. Help required with Timer Event, DoEvents, Sleep...an easy one

3. timer event within a timer event

4. Dynamic Labels with Events - having probs with events part

5. Doevents/timer while stored procedure processing??

6. Timer interval is depending on code in timer event

7. timers, loops, doevents and fried braincells

8. Timer/DoEvents Function

9. Calling a sub from a the timer event of a timer control

10. DoEvents vs Timer

11. DoEvents and Timers

12. Timers, DoEvents, and Background Tasks???