Tracking down "Error opening file" message
Author Message
 Tracking down "Error opening file" message

Hi to all. I'm a relative novice using VB4/32 Standard Edition. I've
written a fairly full-featured text editor using a Rich Text Box, with a
toolbar, image list control, etc. I've added an 'about' form which uses
"public domain" code to get system info. The application runs fine in
the VB environment, and runs fine on my own computer after it's
compiled. When I tried to install it on another computer, the Setup
Wizard told me that the app was installed successfully. But I get the
above "Error Opening File" message when I try to run the program on the
other computer. Any suggestions on tracking down the problem would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Patrick

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tracking down "Error opening file" message

Hi.Author of above message. My own email above.
Thanks, Patrick

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Tracking down "Error opening file" message

Quote:
>Any suggestions on tracking down the problem would be
>greatly appreciated.

Catch the error, and show a MsgBox with the name of the missing file.

DoDi

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Error loading from file" error message

2. Error Message "Too Many Files" Random

3. "Error loading from file" message

4. "Can't Shut Down" message

5. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"

6. Disabling message: "Warning: Opening ..."

7. Access "Out of Memory" Error Message

8. "Invalid Argument" Error Message

9. "Reset the current code" error message

10. "Out of memory" error message

11. Error Message: "Cannot find Installable ISAM"

12. "Out of memory" error message