app flashing in taskbar
Author Message
 app flashing in taskbar

The subject says it all really ... is there an API call or some other way of
making your app flash in the windows taskbar?

Also, is there a way to stop my app flashing every time I update the
contents of a text box/rich text box?

TIA
anagram

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 04:58:47 GMT
 app flashing in taskbar
Take a look at the FlashWindowEx API function

Quote:
> The subject says it all really ... is there an API call or some other way
of
> making your app flash in the windows taskbar?

> Also, is there a way to stop my app flashing every time I update the
> contents of a text box/rich text box?

> TIA
> anagram

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:18:31 GMT
 app flashing in taskbar
Thanks, but what are the two arguments I have to give it when I call it?
They're hWnd and bInvert ... but I have no clue what either of those mean.

--
<<[[Let Freedom Ring
With A Shotgun Blast]]>>

Quote:
> Take a look at the FlashWindowEx API function

> > The subject says it all really ... is there an API call or some other
way
> of
> > making your app flash in the windows taskbar?

> > Also, is there a way to stop my app flashing every time I update the
> > contents of a text box/rich text box?

> > TIA
> > anagram

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:38:54 GMT
 app flashing in taskbar
That's actually FlashWindow, not FlashWindowEx. If you download the API
Guide from www.allapi.net , you'll get examples of most common API calls.
Here's a sample

'This project needs a timer,Interval 1000

'In general section
Private Declare Function FlashWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal
bInvert As Long) As Long
Const Invert = 1

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    'KPD-Team 1998

    'Flash the window
    FlashWindow Me.hwnd, Invert
End Sub

Quote:
> Thanks, but what are the two arguments I have to give it when I call it?
> They're hWnd and bInvert ... but I have no clue what either of those mean.

> --
> <<[[Let Freedom Ring
> With A Shotgun Blast]]>>
> ::anagram who?

> > Take a look at the FlashWindowEx API function

wrote
> > in message

> > > The subject says it all really ... is there an API call or some other
> way
> > of
> > > making your app flash in the windows taskbar?

> > > Also, is there a way to stop my app flashing every time I update the
> > > contents of a text box/rich text box?

> > > TIA
> > > anagram

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:19:00 GMT
 app flashing in taskbar
Yea, a lot of the time [whatever] is exactly the same as [whatever]ex, so I
thought this would be too..... guess I was wrong.

thanks for the help

--
<<[[Let Freedom Ring
With A Shotgun Blast]]>>

Quote:
> That's actually FlashWindow, not FlashWindowEx. If you download the API
> Guide from www.allapi.net , you'll get examples of most common API calls.
> Here's a sample

> 'This project needs a timer,Interval 1000

> 'In general section
> Private Declare Function FlashWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal
> bInvert As Long) As Long
> Const Invert = 1

> Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
>     'KPD-Team 1998

>     'Flash the window
>     FlashWindow Me.hwnd, Invert
> End Sub

> > Thanks, but what are the two arguments I have to give it when I call it?
> > They're hWnd and bInvert ... but I have no clue what either of those
mean.

> > --
> > <<[[Let Freedom Ring
> > With A Shotgun Blast]]>>
> > ::anagram who?

> > > Take a look at the FlashWindowEx API function

> wrote
> > > in message

> > way
> > > of

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:26:15 GMT

1. Word icon flashing on taskbar

2. Word icon flashing on taskbar

3. Flash icon on taskbar

4. Is it under Windows 95/NT4.0 also possible to flash only the taskbar button

5. Flashing Program Taskbar Window

6. flashing taskbar

7. How to make the taskbar flashing?

8. Flashing the taskbar icon

9. Flash Taskbar ???

10. Windows 2000 UI Change API to bring application to front rather then flash in taskbar

11. What can cause a taskbar button to flash?

12. Flash Taskbar ???