Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51
Author Message
 Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

I developped an application with VB 5.0, SP3 under NT 4.0 SP3
The application uses an MS Access database through Jet 3.5
I installed it on various PC's with the appl. setup wizard.
When running the appl. under Win NT 4.0, I have no problems.
Running it under Win NT 3.51, SP5, it crashes very often, producing a Dr
Watson.
The crash occures  randomly, happening in various sections of my program,
and there are no errors returned by VB. It happens mainly (but not only)
when changing data and moving fast in data objects.
I think it has something to do with the Jet engine, because I developped
analog  programs in the past with the same products; the only difference is
that now I use Jet instead of ODBC.
The database is accessed by 1 user and is not big (about 1 MB, 1000 records
in the main table).

Is anybody aware of a weakness of Jet 3.5  with Windows NT 3.51?
Is there a workaround, or the only solution would be to use ODBC?

Thanx a lot,

Stephane

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

nuoiwfuoiwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
sdf
Stphane Gourdange ha scritto nel messaggio

Quote:
>I developped an application with VB 5.0, SP3 under NT 4.0 SP3
>The application uses an MS Access database through Jet 3.5
>I installed it on various PC's with the appl. setup wizard.
>When running the appl. under Win NT 4.0, I have no problems.

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

What on earth was an airplane doing running NT????

Joe

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

Quote:
>What on earth was an airplane doing running NT????

In case you didn't know, "Jet" is the name MS gave their DB engine. Most
users know it as "Access".

        Bart.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

:
: >What on earth was an airplane doing running NT????
:
: In case you didn't know, "Jet" is the name MS gave their DB engine. Most
: users know it as "Access".

I know.  Just a little attempt at humor.  :)

Joe

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

Quote:
>: In case you didn't know, "Jet" is the name MS gave their DB engine. Most
>: users know it as "Access".

>I know.  Just a little attempt at humor.  :)

Yes, YOU know. But many people don't. And in the meantime, Stphane is
stuck with his problem.

BTW I suspect that MS chose this word (is it an acronym?) for their
product on perpose. Only, it escapes me.

HTH,
Bart.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

2. Win 95 Interface for Win NT 3.51 for free

3. Jet DB Performance (Jet 3.51 vs. Jet 4.0)

4. VB compiled on NT 3.51 won't run on 95

5. Crystal Reports hangs Win NT 3.51

6. Help on reducing VB 4.0 32 bit overhead running under Win NT 3.51

7. VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51

8. Threed16.ocx and win nt 3.51

9. Start Screen Saver Under WIN NT 3.51

10. Jet 3.51 vs Jet 4.0 vs MSDE

11. Ms Jet 4.0 VS Jet 3.51 problem loading data

12. Jet 4.0 vs. Jet 3.51