Write a Excel File Without Excel App
Author Message
 Write a Excel File Without Excel App

Hi...

I have a good question ... I think so !

I would write a Excel File (.XLS) but without using app Excel App.

It's possible ... I know, nothing is impossible, but I search a relative
simple answer... I not would programming in Assembler ;-)

Eric Julien

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Write a Excel File Without Excel App
If you just wish to write data which Excel can import easily, then you
can print to a file using tab delimited values and Excel will open
this file and distribute the data correctly into separate columns
e.g.

Open "filename" For Append As 1
.
.
Print #1, variable1 & vbTab & variable2 & vbTab & variable3
.
.
the variables can be numbers or strings

Quote:

>I would write a Excel File (.XLS) but without using app Excel App.

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Write to an Excel file from VB without Excel present

2. Saving an Excel file without using Excel

3. Saving an Excel file without using Excel

4. Accessing an Excel file without opening Excel

5. Reading Excel files without opening excel

6. Using an Excel file without having Microsoft Excel installed

7. Creating Excel Files Without Excel...

8. Viewing Excel files without firing up Excel.

9. Excel - VBA - Retreive file without opening them in Excel

10. Writing Excel Files W/O Existing Excel Application

11. Writing Excel-files w/o Excel present?

12. read/write without open workbooks in excel