PLEASE PLEASE HELP - DISK MISSING FROM DRIVE A: ERROR
Author Message
 PLEASE PLEASE HELP - DISK MISSING FROM DRIVE A: ERROR

I have an app that writes to and reads from .mdb databases on floppy
disk.
However, if I take the floppy disk out BEFORE I close the application
I get a system error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a
disk into
drive A."  I have tried using the Reset and Close commands (both
singly and together) and have changed the current directories back to
what
they were before the disk access using CurDir, ChDir and ChDrive calls.
have also incorporated an API call SetErrorMode with the argument
SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS but nothing seems to
work.

I would be your friend for a week if you can help me - maybe even more.

Edward Collier

Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PLEASE PLEASE HELP - DISK MISSING FROM DRIVE A: ERROR

Ed--

It looks like you still have the database open when you are terminating your
program.  You can confirm this by seeing if the .ldb file still exists on
the disk after you think you have closed the database.

If this is so, add this code to your database closing routine:
Set YourDataControl.Recordset = Nothing

That should release the database and the dependancy on the A: drive.

Jim

Quote:

>I have an app that writes to and reads from .mdb databases on floppy
>disk.
>However, if I take the floppy disk out BEFORE I close the application
>I get a system error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a
>disk into
>drive A."  I have tried using the Reset and Close commands (both
>singly and together) and have changed the current directories back to
>what
>they were before the disk access using CurDir, ChDir and ChDrive calls.
>have also incorporated an API call SetErrorMode with the argument
>SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS but nothing seems to
>work.

>I would be your friend for a week if you can help me - maybe even more.

>Edward Collier

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

3. ERROR 20532 Missing Database DLL (Please HELP as my Holiday may have to be cancelled)

4. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

5. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

6. Error occurred while registering ocx - please, please help.

7. ** HELP ** Missing Variable ..Please Help!!

8. Design Help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

9. Please Please PLEASE HELP!!!!!

10. URGENT HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???

11. Please please please, help me :-)

12. Please, Please, Please I need help working with dates