VB4 STD - How can I manipulate MS Exchange PAB (Address Book) files
Author Message
 VB4 STD - How can I manipulate MS Exchange PAB (Address Book) files

Hello There,

        I'm new to Visual Basic programming and indeed to the Internet.
I am trying to write a program in VB4 to add and manipulate records that
I frequently use in MS Exchanges .PAB Public address book files.
Currently I use OLE Automation with Word 7 - and the
functions/procedures 'AddAddress' and 'GetAddress$()' to achieve my task
- but this is slow and I would dearly love to be able to directly
manipulate the file myself without the overhead of loading 'Word'. Why
didn't Microsoft make these files MDB compliant I would like to know.
        My ultimate goal would be to create a drop down list box of
specific fields of my choosing relating to each record in a specific PAB
file.
        Does anyone know of an OCX available that can give me this
functionality, or advice on how to directly manipulate the file itself.
I would be very grateful. I don't really understand what MAPI and OBDC -
are - should they be avenues I should pursue in this quest?
        Thankyou in advance for any help and sorry if I have posted this
to the wrong Newsgroup.

--

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 STD - How can I manipulate MS Exchange PAB (Address Book) files

2. Accessing MS Exchange Address Book from an ASP file

3. MS Access to MS Exchange Address Book??

4. MS Exchange Address Book

5. How would I populate a listbox from the MS Exchange global address book,

6. How would I populate a listbox from the MS Exchange global address book,

7. Personal Address Book (PAB) Manipulation

8. Help reading a Personal Address Book (PAB) needed

9. Accessing/Changing a PAB address book

10. Reading the Outlook Address Book(PAB)

11. Reading the Outlook Address Book(PAB)

12. Accessing/Changing a PAB address book