URGENT!! Need help with modem communications
Author Message
 URGENT!! Need help with modem communications

If anyone could give/point me to some examples that use either MSCOMM.VBX or a third-party VBX to do serial communications
through a modem, I would really appreciate it.

In particular, I'm trying to find some source code to demonstrate how to sign on to an e-mail service, scan for mail, download
mail, and logoff.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jay Powers

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT!! Need help with modem communications

Quote:

>If anyone could give/point me to some examples that use either MSCOMM.VBX or a third-party VBX to do serial communications
>through a modem, I would really appreciate it.

One point, don't use the MSCOMM.VBX that came with VB3.0 Pro.  It is
full of quirks and bugs.  I think you can get a replacement for it at
CICA.

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT!! Need help with modem communications

->If anyone could give/point me to some examples that use either MSCOMM.VBX or a third-party VBX to do serial communications
->through a modem, I would really appreciate it.

->In particular, I'm trying to find some source code to demonstrate how to sign on to an e-mail service, scan for mail, download
->mail, and logoff.
->
->Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
->
->Jay Powers

First off forget MSCOMM.  Go with PDQComm from Crecent (my preference
at least).  Its ModemWare library and script-recording feature make what
you are trying to do a piece of cake.

don

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed! Communication with modems

2. Modem to Modem Communications

3. Modem-Modem communication

4. Modem -Modem Communication

5. HELP - using Qbasic for modem communication.

6. HELP modem communication

7. How to build modem communication program

8. Access 2000: Communication with Modem

9. Serial Communication - VB.NET - Detect if fax/modem or voice or busy or fast busy

10. voice - modem communication?

11. Modem Communications Tutorial

12. Modem Communication.