VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.
Author Message
 VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

Well, it is just something I found out. When you install both Office Pro
97 and VB 5.0 Pro in your system, then try to add more components to the
Office 97 later. Then run VB 5.0 again, it will become VB 5.0 Learning Ed.
I am not sure about other systems, at least it happened to mine.... I
thought it was a April 1 joke.... I needed to re-installed VB 5.0 Pro
again.... So much F**KING fun.

Happy coding

Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:15:59 -0600 (CST), Devil

Quote:

>Well, it is just something I found out. When you install both Office Pro
>97 and VB 5.0 Pro in your system, then try to add more components to the
>Office 97 later. Then run VB 5.0 again, it will become VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

Oh great...

--
If you want to Email me, my address is "future at blarg dot net".
Check out my home page at http://www.blarg.net/~future/index.html.

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

Hello,

I noticed something strange with the Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
too.  I had Visual Basic 4.0 on my system and when I put the CD in the
drive and installed it, I chose to install it right over Visual Basic 4.0
because I was under the impression that VB 5.0 would automatically
uninstall the old version.  I got a shock after the installation finished.
I had both Visual Basic 5.0 and Visual Basic 4.0.  And when I launched
Visual Basic 4.0 I got a splash screen saying it was Visual Basic 4.0
Enterprise Edition!!  I had to uninstall both Visual Basic 5.0 AND Visual
Basic 4.0 and then re-installed Visual Basic 5.0.  BTW, Microsoft has
finally fixed the problem with Visual Basic's uninstallation program
interfering with Microsoft Access.  You won't have to fear uninstalling
Visual Basic interfering with Microsoft Access.  Hurray!  No more "Can't
find the DAO object" message in Access after uninstalling VB.

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

Would not surprise me a bit. After removing some apps my VB4 Pro booted as
the personal version.

--Best,
Wim De Groote
DIDASCALIA
University Of Antwerp
Universiteitsplein 1
2610 Wilrijk
Belgium

Tel:    323 820 29 69
Fax:    323 820 29 86

Quote:

> Hello,

> I noticed something strange with the Visual Basic 5.0 Professional
Edition
> too.  I had Visual Basic 4.0 on my system and when I put the CD in the
> drive and installed it, I chose to install it right over Visual Basic 4.0
> because I was under the impression that VB 5.0 would automatically
> uninstall the old version.  I got a shock after the installation
finished.
> I had both Visual Basic 5.0 and Visual Basic 4.0.  And when I launched
> Visual Basic 4.0 I got a splash screen saying it was Visual Basic 4.0
> Enterprise Edition!!  I had to uninstall both Visual Basic 5.0 AND Visual
> Basic 4.0 and then re-installed Visual Basic 5.0.  BTW, Microsoft has
> finally fixed the problem with Visual Basic's uninstallation program
> interfering with Microsoft Access.  You won't have to fear uninstalling
> Visual Basic interfering with Microsoft Access.  Hurray!  No more "Can't
> find the DAO object" message in Access after uninstalling VB.

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question about VB Learning Ed.

2. Microsoft Visual Basic Professional Ed. 30

3. VB5 Learn Ed./Access Database/Password/ODBC

4. VB5 Learning Ed. and the Web

5. VB5 Learning Ed.

6. Professional Versions suddenly became Learning Version

7. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

8. VB 4.0 Ent. Ed. Corrupted Files

9. Enterprise Ed. of VB 4

10. VB 3.0 Standard Ed.?

11. VB 6.0 Standard Ed. hangups & questions

12. Calling DLLS in VB Std. Ed.