DNS MX-record query
Author Message
 DNS MX-record query

I'm looking for a way to query a DNS-server for the MX record (Mail server
IP or name) of a specific domain.
I've already tryed DNS.OCX but al that one does is "Name to IP" and "IP to
Name" query's.

Does anyone know a way to do this.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DNS MX-record query
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:35:05 +0200, "Stefan Cremers"

Quote:

>I'm looking for a way to query a DNS-server for the MX record (Mail server
>IP or name) of a specific domain.
>I've already tryed DNS.OCX but al that one does is "Name to IP" and "IP to
>Name" query's.

>Does anyone know a way to do this.

For general purpose nameserver queries (to resolve hostnames, mail
exchange records, etc.) you might want to take a look at the DNS
control in our SocketTools package. It'll allow you to specify the
nameservers that you want to query (not just the default nameservers)
and get a variety of records (A, PTR, HINFO, MX, etc.). You can
download a free evaluation copy of SocketTools from our website at
www.catalyst.com.

David

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: Help with DNS query for MX records (DNSQuery)

2. DNS MX-record query

3. Query DNS (MX records) without CDO --

4. snipits showing how to get MX record from DNS server

5. DNS lookup for MX records

6. how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS

7. DNS MX-records

8. Get MX Records from a DNS

9. DNS MX records

10. DNS lookup MX records