how do i force user to press button
Author Message
 how do i force user to press button

how do i force user to press a button disabling the system until
button pressed.  can i do this in vb4? i'm a novice at vb, trying to
write a simple security program.  any ideas or help would be
appreciated.  Just trying to learn vb.
 thanks,
 carl

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how do i force user to press button

Quote:

> how do i force user to press a button disabling the system until
> button pressed.  can i do this in vb4? i'm a novice at vb, trying to
> write a simple security program.  any ideas or help would be
> appreciated.  Just trying to learn vb.

Show the form with the button as a MODAL form.  In VB4 this would look
like the following:

        Form1.Show vbModal

In the Click event of the button, just close the form.  This will cause
the calling subroutine to halt until the form is closed.

--
Chuck Rickard

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Outbox items aren't send when user press Send button

2. How Can I tell when the user pressed the WhatThisHelp button

3. Capture the user pressing minimize button

4. Capturing If user pressed max, min or normalize button on form

5. Force Alt+F11 when right mousebutton is pressed.

6. How to test for navigation button presses...

7. Pressing Icon Option Buttons in VBA?

8. executing actions by pressing a button

9. Press the "Invite" button

10. Pressing Close Button on Form stops macro

11. Retrieving index of pressed toolbar button

12. Going to another page by pressing a button - 2