music and animation in VB
Author Message
 music and animation in VB

Firstly, I've been told you can add music into a VB program by using a
"resource file" but I don't know what a resource file is or how to use it.
I was hoping someone could send me a small example of a program with music
in it so I can see first hand or step me through the process.

Secondly, is it possible to include any form of animation in a VB program?
If so, how?  I'm just trying to jazz up a VB program I'm making so it looks
more attractive and flashy rather than a bland menu program. Again, a demo
would be great.

Any help would be very much appreciated and any emails could be sent to

Thanks again!

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:27:22 GMT
 music and animation in VB

Quote:
>Firstly, I've been told you can add music into a VB program by using a
>"resource file" but I don't know what a resource file is or how to use it.
Me too.
>I was hoping someone could send me a small example of a program with music
>in it so I can see first hand or step me through the process.

I suggest you look at the example those good folk at AllAPI
(www.allapi.net) provide which uses the API sndPlaySound. Dead simple
and only a few lines of code. The P & D Wizard allows you to add the
.wav file(s) to your package.

Regards.

--
Martin Trump

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 04:33:57 GMT
 music and animation in VB
That someone is probally refering to resources
that are compiled into the executable,
this can be fun and come in handy, however
it will also make the executable grow in size
depanding on the resource's (Bitmaps, Waves etc)
your going to use.

Using resources inside a program is ok, just make sure
you don't over do it, there are other way's to do what you want, but hey
first try the resource approach anyway.
Your VB book should hold information on using resource files.

Regards, Samu?l van Laere

Quote:
> Firstly, I've been told you can add music into a VB program by using a
> "resource file" but I don't know what a resource file is or how to use it.
> I was hoping someone could send me a small example of a program with music
> in it so I can see first hand or step me through the process.

> Secondly, is it possible to include any form of animation in a VB program?
> If so, how?  I'm just trying to jazz up a VB program I'm making so it
looks
> more attractive and flashy rather than a bland menu program. Again, a demo
> would be great.

> Any help would be very much appreciated and any emails could be sent to

> Thanks again!

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:53:41 GMT

1. Sprite animation without an animation control?

2. MUSIC IN VB APP

3. How to make music applications with vb?

4. how to make vb play the next song in a list and music controls

5. How to make music applications with vb?

6. Audio and Music VB Applications

7. How do a play background music in VB 5 Pro

8. Mod/ST3 Music in VB

9. Music in VB?!?!?!?!?!?

10. Music score in VB

11. Music score in VB