Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0
Author Message
 Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0

Can someone please tell me how to use Access 2.0 databases with
Visual Basic 3.0?  I know, I should upgrade to VB4, but the class
I have in school requires VB3 and Access 2.  Could someone help
me out?

BTW, I remember something about MSJET200.DLL or something...

Thanks In Advance,

Mike Dotts

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0
You need to contact Microsoft and get the VB/Access compatibility layer.
It is free and you can probably download it from a Microsoft BBS or forum.

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0

of wisdom:

Quote:
>Can someone please tell me how to use Access 2.0 databases with
>Visual Basic 3.0?  I know, I should upgrade to VB4, but the class
>I have in school requires VB3 and Access 2.  Could someone help
>me out?

You have to download COMLYR.EXE from
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/mslfiles/ and run it.

--
Newbiehood is not a period of time, it's a way of life.

http://www.sn.no/~balchen
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0

Quote:

>Can someone please tell me how to use Access 2.0 databases with
>Visual Basic 3.0?  I know, I should upgrade to VB4, but the class
>I have in school requires VB3 and Access 2.  Could someone help
>me out?

You need the compatibility layer.  VB 3 was released well in advance of
Access 2 so it knows nothing about the format.  Here's the URL of the
self-extracting file:

ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/comlyr.exe

--
 ------------------------------------
 Phil Paxton :: Fishers, Indiana, USA

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual basic 3.0 accessing Access 2.0 databases

2. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

3. Access 2.0 and Visual Basic 3.0

4. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

5. Porting Access 2.0 App to Visual Basic 3.0

6. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

7. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

8. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

9. Visual Basic 3.0 - Access 2.0

10. Visual Basic 3.0 and MS Access 2.0

11. Help Visual basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

12. V.Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0