VB4-16bit Stopped Working
Author Message
 VB4-16bit Stopped Working

Sounds like one of the hidden attributes in the file is corrupted. (Open
the file in a text editor: you'll see some things you don't ordinarily
see in the VB editor.)

Quick-n-Dirty solution: Put the module in full module view, select and
copy all the text, create a new empty module, paste the text into it,
remove the first module from the project and save the new module under
the first module's name. (I suppose, if you were cautious, you might
save it under a different name.)

Quote:

> Strangest thing:

> My VB4-16bit won't recognize any code I put in a module file(bas).  Everything is red.  Even the first line of Option Explicit is red.  It reads nothing.  Please someone give me some  help.

> Very thankful,

> Frank Gu

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4-16bit Stopped Working

Strangest thing:

My VB4-16bit won't recognize any code I put in a module file(bas).  Everything is red.  Even the first line of Option Explicit is red.  It reads nothing.  Please someone give me some  help.

Very thankful,

Frank Gu

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4-16bit Stopped Working

But it didn't fix the problem.  I tried created a new modeule and I can't put
in anything.  Everything is still red, unrecogzable.  Anyone help please.

Frank Gu

Quote:

>Sounds like one of the hidden attributes in the file is corrupted. (Open
>the file in a text editor: you'll see some things you don't ordinarily
>see in the VB editor.)

>Quick-n-Dirty solution: Put the module in full module view, select and
>copy all the text, create a new empty module, paste the text into it,
>remove the first module from the project and save the new module under
>the first module's name. (I suppose, if you were cautious, you might
>save it under a different name.)

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4-16bit Stopped Working

Quote:

>But it didn't fix the problem.  I tried created a new modeule and I can't put
>in anything.  Everything is still red, unrecogzable.  Anyone help please.

>>Sounds like one of the hidden attributes in the file is corrupted. (Open
>>the file in a text editor: you'll see some things you don't ordinarily
>>see in the VB editor.)

Does VB work if you try to make an entirely new project? Or a new BS
file in an existing project?

If so, try opening the BAS file in a text editor, and remove everything
that doesn't look like code. I think that would be everyting before the
start of the (declarations) section. Then reopen the project in VB. Best
make a backup of this file before you try that.

HTH,
Bart.

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can VB4-16bit work with Jet3.0 db?

2. SendMessageStr works in VB6 not in VB4-16bit

3. VB4 - 16BIT Sheridan Calendar Widgets (16bit OCX)

4. 16bit SourceSafe problems w/VB4.0-16bit - too many file handles open

5. VB3 16bit to VB4 16bit

6. Help: Query stops working when VB4 -> VB5

7. Help: Query stops working when VB4 -> VB5

8. Please Help! VB4 stopped working in Chinese Win95

9. VB4-16bit or VB4-32 bit Floating Thin Toolbar

10. Upgrade Problems: VB4.0/16Bit to VB4.0/32Bit

11. VB4 16bit Vs. VB4 32bit???

12. Programe works without problems when using VB4/32bit but doesn't work when using VB4/16bit