VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point
Author Message
 VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

Hi,

just trying to create a simple DLL library of functions that can be used by
other VB5 apps and Office applications. Have declared the functions as
public, my 'ActiveX' DLL compiles OK and creates a DLL, but whenever I try
to access it from Excel or another VB5 app I get message like 'Run-time
error 453: Can't find DLL entry point MYFUNCTION in MYDLL.dll".

My applications DLL function declarations are correct. Is there something
specific that has to be done with VB5 ?  (this used to work well with
earlier versions of VB)

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

Home Page:  www.execpc.com/~jrbock
VB Info:  www.exepc.com/~jrbock/vbinfo.html

Quote:

>Hi,

>just trying to create a simple DLL library of functions that can be used by
>other VB5 apps and Office applications. Have declared the functions as
>public, my 'ActiveX' DLL compiles OK and creates a DLL, but whenever I try
>to access it from Excel or another VB5 app I get message like 'Run-time
>error 453: Can't find DLL entry point MYFUNCTION in MYDLL.dll".

>My applications DLL function declarations are correct. Is there something
>specific that has to be done with VB5 ?  (this used to work well with
>earlier versions of VB)

I'm suprised you could get it to work in ANY version of VB.  VB, by itself,
does not let you export functions (there are other third-party tools that
help you with this - check out Desaware's web site for this).

Jason

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

You don't use Declare...Lib with an ActiveX DLL. You add a reference to
the DLL to your project, instantiate an instance of the class that
contains the function/sub you want to call, and call it as a method of
that object. (If the class is Global-MultiUse you don't need to
explicitly instantiate it.)

Perhaps it's time to take five minutes to read on how to _use_ ActiveX
DLLs?

Quote:

> Hi,

> just trying to create a simple DLL library of functions that can be used by
> other VB5 apps and Office applications. Have declared the functions as
> public, my 'ActiveX' DLL compiles OK and creates a DLL, but whenever I try
> to access it from Excel or another VB5 app I get message like 'Run-time
> error 453: Can't find DLL entry point MYFUNCTION in MYDLL.dll".

> My applications DLL function declarations are correct. Is there something
> specific that has to be done with VB5 ?  (this used to work well with
> earlier versions of VB)

> Thanks in advance

> Bruno

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

2. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

3. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

4. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

5. Can't find DLL entry point OpenEventLog in advapi32.dll

6. Can't find DLL entry point NetGetDCName in netapi32.dll

7. Can't find DLL entry point NetRemoteTOD in NETAPI32.DLL

8. Help...VB5 can't find an Entry Point to my C++ DLL

9. VB can't find entry point in VC++ DLL

10. Can't find DLL entry-point ...??

11. VB Can't Find DLL Entry Point

12. Can't find DLL Entry point ExitWindows in user32