motor control through serial port
Author Message
 motor control through serial port

Does anyone know how to control a step-by-step motor (0 or 5 volts) with VB
(Is it possible with MScomm?) I dont know how to manage it.
Thanks everybody.

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 motor control through serial port

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to control a step-by-step motor (0 or 5 volts) with VB
>(Is it possible with MScomm?) I dont know how to manage it.
>Thanks everybody.

You'll have better luck with the parallel port - and lots of info is
available at Jan Axelson's parallel port page
http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm

You'll need an interface device and power supply for the stepper motor
- the ports on a PC cannot provide the current levels needed to drive
the motor.

Visit my source code page at http://www.mindspring.com/~johnecarter
Visit my favorite school at http://www.mindspring.com/~addison

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 motor control through serial port

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to control a step-by-step motor (0 or 5 volts)
> with VB
> (Is it possible with MScomm?) I dont know how to manage it.
> Thanks everybody.

try this
www.computerboards.com

--
---->
awinformatik

homepage : http://www.awinformatik.ch
---------><--------------------------

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 motor control through serial port

All you need is a fairly symetrical square wave to run a stepper motor
continuously.
Larry Pew
http://www.pew.com

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

2. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

3. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

4. serial printer on serial port

5. serial printer on serial port

6. Future of Serial Ports vs USB Ports

7. Serial port/parallel port

8. Serial port/Parallel port

9. How to disable flow control on a serial port in VB.NET

10. com and serial port control

11. need help with basic and controlling serial ports

12. Controlling serial ports lines