HELP!-How to create unmoveable forms?
Author Message
 HELP!-How to create unmoveable forms?

I am creating an application with a "desktop" type form which I don't
want to be moved or resized.  How can I prevent the user from dragging
this form around their screen.  I don't want to even see the drag/drop
shadow box when the user mouses-down on the titlebar.  Any suggestions?
-

Tue, 04 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!-How to create unmoveable forms?

Quote:

>I am creating an application with a "desktop" type form which I don't
>want to be moved or resized.  How can I prevent the user from dragging
>this form around their screen.  I don't want to even see the drag/drop
>shadow box when the user mouses-down on the titlebar.  Any suggestions?
>-

What about using the form1_focus and in the subroutine setting the
location and size of the form back to whatever you want or to
maximize..I believe I saw the code for this and keeping it minimized
in a faq or in the knowledgebase.

Todd Jordan

Fri, 07 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!-How to create unmoveable forms?

Quote:

>>I am creating an application with a "desktop" type form which I don't
>>want to be moved or resized.  How can I prevent the user from dragging
>>this form around their screen.  I don't want to even see the drag/drop
>>shadow box when the user mouses-down on the titlebar.  Any suggestions?

If you set the BorderStyle to "None" and WindowState to 2 (Maximized) then you
will have a "desktop" type form that can't be moved. However, make sure you
put your own control button to close the window or it could get tricky.

Fri, 07 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. how set a form unmoveable

2. How to make a form unmoveable in VB4?

3. Some Help Verr much Appreciated (Modal Dialog and unmoveable windows )

4. How to make image unmoveable in listview control?

5. Help creating a simple outlook form with a disabled text field

6. Need help with form I've created

7. Need help Creating login form for SQL server

8. HELP : Using a string to create a reference to Form Controls

9. Help me Create User-Friendly FORM?

10. HELP Creating forms

11. Help with creating tabs on forms PLEASE...

12. Need help with creating a specialized form