Accessing VB Functions/Subs in DLL from NON-VB language
Author Message
 Accessing VB Functions/Subs in DLL from NON-VB language

schreibt:

Quote:
>However VB doesn't
>appear to populate the DLL with entry point information for code modules.

VB ddl's really are OLE servers. Therefore you must always create an object
from a class, contained in the ActiveX dll, before you can use it's methods
through the OLE interface.

DoDi

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing VB Functions/Subs in DLL from NON-VB language
Actually, you could set the class's Instancing property to: "6 -
GlobalMultiUse", and then all the functions in that class are globally
availble without creating an object from that class.

Alon.

Quote:

>schreibt:

>>However VB doesn't
>>appear to populate the DLL with entry point information for code modules.

>VB ddl's really are OLE servers. Therefore you must always create an object
>from a class, contained in the ActiveX dll, before you can use it's methods
>through the OLE interface.

>DoDi

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing VB Functions/Subs in DLL from NON-VB language
I *think* what you need to do is access the VB function thru its COM
interface, which is very complex - but Visual C++ has a wizard which will
generate the stub routines for you (again, I *think* - I read it somewhere
in the MSDN CD-ROM; never tried it).  If you want to try to find an
'easier' way, you might try the API functions LoadLibrary and
GetProcAddress (but it probably won't work - let me know if it does).

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am looking to be able to access a VB function in a DLL I have created
from
> non VB apps, such as C code or Oracle (Using ORAFFI). However VB doesn't
> appear to populate the DLL with entry point information for code modules.

Mon, 11 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing VB Functions/Subs in DLL from NON-VB language

schreibt:

Quote:
>Actually, you could set the class's Instancing property to: "6 -
>GlobalMultiUse"

Are you sure that this works for non-VB apps?

DoDi

Tue, 12 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling non-DLL library functions from VB ?

2. Call Access Sub/function from Excel, VB, etc?

3. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps

4. Calling a sub or function using a variable through another sub or function

5. Returning sub or function name within a specific sub or function

6. HELP!! Accessing MAPI32.DLL functions from VB

7. Accessing VB Functions via a DLL.

8. Accessing VB Functions via a DLL.

9. Distributing VB/Access 2000 Apps to non Access 2000 owners

10. Accessing VB Functions via a DLL.

11. Local function/sub inside function/sub

12. Detecting Mouse Click in Non-VB or VB app (in VB 6)