help:writing directly to the registry
Author Message
 help:writing directly to the registry

hi!

i'm developing in access v.7 and i made an application that i want to
put on our server,and that everyone would have the ability to reach to
the file via the net and activate the application.

the problem is that i need to install the access runtime version to
every p.c. because if i don't do it the program is looking in the p.c.
registry and showing an announcment that the application must be
installed properly.

what i want to do is to registry the runtime version in the registry as
if it was installed on the computer,but on the drive X that is the net
drive.

does anyone have a clue how can i do that?

thank you very much for your help!

shuli golovinski

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 help:writing directly to the registry

Quote:
> i'm developing in access v.7 and i made an application that i want to
> put on our server,and that everyone would have the ability to reach to
> the file via the net and activate the application.
> the problem is that i need to install the access runtime version to
> every p.c. because if i don't do it the program is looking in the p.c.
> registry and showing an announcment that the application must be
> installed properly.

If the program you have written is written in Access v.7, you cannot
distribute the app unless each user has a license for Access.  In other
words, if you want 10 people to use the Access program, you need to
purchase 10 licenses for Access.  Then you can safely install the app on
each user's machine.
However, if you do not want to purchase 10 copies of Access, you can write
you app in VB that connects to an Access Database, then freely distribute
the VB app to each user.  Simply direct the VB app to look to the server
for the physical data in the Access database.

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. help:writing directly to the registry

2. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

3. Changing Registry Values Directly

4. Unusual results writing longs to Registry (please help)

5. Help: read or write to the registry

6. writing to registry..HELP

7. Help with Read/Write Settings to Registry

8. Writing to the Registry via API -- HELP!

9. Problems writing to NT 4.0 registry - Help

10. Need help on writing binary value to registry

11. Help with a VBS file to read/write to the Registry

12. Need help with reading/writing different registry values