Short -> Long file path
Author Message
 Short -> Long file path

Is there an API call that will alow a short file path (stored in 8.3
format) to long path? I know the reverse is possible but I drew a
blank when searching for S -> L...

Marios

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Short -> Long file path
Marios,

Check out the FindFirstFile API.

Matthew

Quote:
> Is there an API call that will alow a short file path (stored in 8.3
> format) to long path? I know the reverse is possible but I drew a
> blank when searching for S -> L...

> Marios

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Short -> Long file path

Quote:
>Is there an API call that will alow a short file path (stored in 8.3
>format) to long path? I know the reverse is possible but I drew a
>blank when searching for S -> L...

Private Declare Function SKGetLongPathName Lib "VB5STKIT.DLL" _
 Alias "GetLongPathName" _
 (ByVal LongPath$, ByVal ShortPath$, ByVal BufferSize&) As Long

Best wishes, Murray

Quote:
>Marios

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App

2. Change long path name to short pathname

3. The long and short of it - app.path that is

4. Convert Long Path to Short

5. converting long filename paths to short

6. Getting Short Path Names from Long

7. Long and short path- and filenames

8. Getting Short Path Names from Long

9. Getting Short Path Names from Long

10. Long Filename -> Short Filename

11. Get long file name from short file name

12. Long File Names and Short File Names