Help: Cursor becomes hour glass on form unload
Author Message
 Help: Cursor becomes hour glass on form unload

Dear All,

I have a curious problem here.
I have a form (Customers) generated by the Data Form Designer, which includes
a "Close" button. The click event procedure for this button contains only one
line:

Unload Me

The form is activated by a command button on another form (MainSwitchBoard).
The curious thing is when I close the customer form the cursor becomes hour
glass - but only when it is on the MainSwitchBaord form! The cursor
behaves normally apart from its look. I get the same problem when I close the
customer form using the windows form close button (the X button on top right).

I looked through the codes generated by the Data Form Designer but could not
find anything that change the cursor.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chut Ngeow Yee

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Cursor becomes hour glass on form unload

Quote:

> The curious thing is when I close the customer form the cursor becomes hour
> glass - but only when it is on the MainSwitchBaord form!

Somewhere in MainSwitchBoard there is code that does this:

        MousePointer = 11 ' Make the cursor an hourglass

To change the cursor back to the standard pointer, do this:

        MousePointer = 0

If you want the cursor to have a uniform appearance wherever it is on
the screen, use the MousePointer property of the Screen object instead
of the form, e.g.

        Screen.MousePointer = 11

--
Don Doumakes             Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO write software!
http://www.novia.net/~doumakes

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. changing the cursor to an hour glass?

2. Cursor shape = hour glass

3. Hour Glass

4. hour glass mouse pointer

5. hour glass

6. Changing the icon to an hour glass?

7. Unloading modal owner form also unloads modal form?

8. help unload form - show another form

9. help unload current form - show another form

10. glass form!

11. Unloading form gives 364 Object was unloaded

12. Unload form doesn't unload