Easy modem-to-modem call and TCP/IP question
Author Message
 Easy modem-to-modem call and TCP/IP question

It means you can only send stuff through the MSCOMM control.

If you want to send stuff through TCP/IP, you will have to set up a regular
Windows Dial Up Network that utilizes the TCP/IP stack (or write your own
TCP/IP stack for use over this MSCOMM connection (which would be way to
complex to do in Visual Basic with one programmer, no doubt).

--
Howard Henry 'Gawyn Ballpeen' Schlunder
Gawyn Developments; Core developer

Quote:
> If I write an app that dials a friend's modem using MSCOMM, and his
> PC answers using same app (but "receive call" procedure), does that
> mean we can send data via TCP/IP (assuming we've already set up the
> ports) ?  Or do we have to send data through MSCOMM's serial port
> only?

> Regards, Otser.

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Easy modem-to-modem call and TCP/IP question
If I write an app that dials a friend's modem using MSCOMM, and his
PC answers using same app (but "receive call" procedure), does that
mean we can send data via TCP/IP (assuming we've already set up the
ports) ?  Or do we have to send data through MSCOMM's serial port
only?

Regards, Otser.

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Easy modem-to-modem call and TCP/IP question
I don't think so, MSCOMM is for plain RX/TX comms only.
You'll need to write an handler( protocol) yourself.

For TCP you need winsock and an valid declared connection like you have with
internet.
Maybe there is a quick around to dial anything you like and wich is
"prepared" at the other side without declaring an connection.
That is interesting..

Quote:

>If I write an app that dials a friend's modem using MSCOMM, and his
>PC answers using same app (but "receive call" procedure), does that
>mean we can send data via TCP/IP (assuming we've already set up the
>ports) ?  Or do we have to send data through MSCOMM's serial port
>only?

>Regards, Otser.

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. modems, modems, modems...

2. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10936

3. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10832

4. QB or PB Modem to Modem code

5. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12217

6. COM and Modem - modem.bas (1/1)

7. COM and Modem - modem.bas (0/1)

8. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12220

9. send File Modem to Modem (not FTP)

10. ANN: Modem Tools OCXs for Voice Modem Control

11. Please help, Modem to Modem chat program - modem7.ZIP (0/1)

12. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12221