How do you create a spectrum analyzer?
Author Message
 How do you create a spectrum analyzer?

Without sending me to some off the wall web page that barely touches on the
subject, and without refering me to a dll/ocx/etc., could someone please
tell me how to create a spectrum analyzer?  All it needs to do is
graphically show whatever is coming out of the speakers.  All I have been
able to find so far is a display similar to the one next to the volume
control in Windows.  I am wanting something more along the lines of what you
would find in WinAmp, but doesn't have to be that involved (with the peaks
and multi-colored bars).  Does anyone know of a way to do this, preferably
using API calls?

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you create a spectrum analyzer?
The display you would like cannot be done in VB and look even halfway
decent. You will need to create it using at least C or Pearl.
There are lots of freeware sample code written in C for a realtime FFT
display. If you have Visual C++ you can create something from the sample
code and call it with VB using the AppActivate and sendkeys commands. But to
create a good audio player with a realtime audio scope as part of the
original program you will have to do it with at least C language.

Quote:

> Without sending me to some off the wall web page that barely touches on
the
> subject, and without refering me to a dll/ocx/etc., could someone please
> tell me how to create a spectrum analyzer?  All it needs to do is
> graphically show whatever is coming out of the speakers.  All I have been
> able to find so far is a display similar to the one next to the volume
> control in Windows.  I am wanting something more along the lines of what
you
> would find in WinAmp, but doesn't have to be that involved (with the peaks
> and multi-colored bars).  Does anyone know of a way to do this, preferably
> using API calls?

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you create a spectrum analyzer?
You might want to take a look at www.codeguru.com/vb The multimedia section
contains all kind of samples on sound and vision, perhaps there's something
you can use.

John Tegelaar

Quote:
>Without sending me to some off the wall web page that barely touches on the
>subject, and without refering me to a dll/ocx/etc., could someone please
>tell me how to create a spectrum analyzer?  All it needs to do is

<SNIP>

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Spectrum analyzer and FFT in basic, HOW?

2. spectrum analyzer

3. Standard COM Interface for Spectrum analyzers

4. How to make Spectrum analyzer

5. Spectrum Analyzer

6. Spectrum Analyzer

7. Spectrum analyzer

8. how to make a spectrum analyzer like in winamp

9. how to make a spectrum analyzer like in winamp

10. ADO recordset -- slow create in VB vs Query Analyzer

11. VBA - Create Outlook Profiles - Can it be done!