getting files from net via winsock
Author Message
 getting files from net via winsock

I dont know if this msg has been asked/answered before, but i scrolled
through the last couple of weeks postings and i cant find it.

What i want to do is upload a custom file to my server
and then access it from my VB program.

the data will probably be simple ascii, but not *.txt
also, *.jpg or *.gif would be a bonus.

This would primarily be used to check for updates to my program
(i'd put whether there is, current version etc in the file on my server)

However, there might be more uses in the future, so a specific routine to
check for updates is out.  Which is why I'd rather go with getting the file
and reading it

Anyway
thanks in advance

Torp

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:23:22 GMT
 getting files from net via winsock
I just saw a link to a site below that had a lot of good stuff.

www.vbip.com/winsock

I didnt check out the ftp stuff...

Quote:
> I dont know if this msg has been asked/answered before, but i scrolled
> through the last couple of weeks postings and i cant find it.

> What i want to do is upload a custom file to my server
> and then access it from my VB program.

> the data will probably be simple ascii, but not *.txt
> also, *.jpg or *.gif would be a bonus.

> This would primarily be used to check for updates to my program
> (i'd put whether there is, current version etc in the file on my server)

> However, there might be more uses in the future, so a specific routine to
> check for updates is out.  Which is why I'd rather go with getting the
file
> and reading it

> Anyway
> thanks in advance

> Torp

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:12:56 GMT
 getting files from net via winsock
nevermind.. i've worked it out anyway thanks

Quote:
> I dont know if this msg has been asked/answered before, but i scrolled
> through the last couple of weeks postings and i cant find it.

> What i want to do is upload a custom file to my server
> and then access it from my VB program.

> the data will probably be simple ascii, but not *.txt
> also, *.jpg or *.gif would be a bonus.

> This would primarily be used to check for updates to my program
> (i'd put whether there is, current version etc in the file on my server)

> However, there might be more uses in the future, so a specific routine to
> check for updates is out.  Which is why I'd rather go with getting the
file
> and reading it

> Anyway
> thanks in advance

> Torp

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:04:03 GMT

1. Getting DNS requests via Winsock

2. How to transfer binary files via winsock?

3. Send File via Winsock Control

4. Used Winsocks download file via ftp

5. Receive files on notebook from pda using winsock via IR

6. Sending BMP Files Via Winsock

7. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

8. Getting file via comm port

9. Getting file summary information via vbscript?

10. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

11. Getting files via URL

12. mciSendCommand( ) Getting it to play two coded wav files via 2 SNBlasters