Static variables/scope - "Accumulate"?
Author Message
 Static variables/scope - "Accumulate"?

Hi.

I`ve got a book here as part of a course i`m doing, and it says:

---
You can get a similar result by declaring Accumulate in the
declarations section of a module.
---

Its talking about making all variables in a module `static`.

But i can`t find any references to this keyword, either on the MSDN
online help, or in this newsgroup!!

Any ideas? Did they make it up, was it a beta feature of some version
of VB?

Thanks,
Alex.

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:00:20 GMT
 Static variables/scope - "Accumulate"?

? I`ve got a book here as part of a course i`m doing, and it says:
?
? ---
? You can get a similar result by declaring Accumulate in the
? declarations section of a module.
? ---
?
? Its talking about making all variables in a module `static`.
?
? But i can`t find any references to this keyword, either on the MSDN
? online help, or in this newsgroup!!
?
? Any ideas? Did they make it up, was it a beta feature of some version
? of VB?

Hi Alex,

I would guess that "Accumulate" is a variable name, not a keyword.

  Private Accumulate As Long

in (General) (Declarations) rather than

  Dim Accumulate As Long

in (General) YourProc

--
Paul Marshall

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:46:59 GMT

1. "Permanently" static variables

2. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

3. Software Development "Scope of Work" Document

4. static linked "DLLs"

5. Best static "ID" for licensing

6. dynamically dim a variable ie dim "variable"&n

7. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

8. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

9. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

10. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

11. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#

12. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons