opening one mdb file from a CD-ROM in VB5
Author Message
 opening one mdb file from a CD-ROM in VB5

I have tried before to open a database from a readonly network drive and
had the same problem.  You will need to copy it from the CD so that the
.ldb file can be created and written to.  After copying the database
file to your hard drive you can use the in-built Visual Basic command
SetAttr to remove the read-only attribute.

        Use: SetAttr {your filename}, 0

The 0 will remove all attributes from the file.

Hope this helps, please email me if you require more information or with
more details of your problem if the solution does not help.
--
***************************************
**    EMail Sent By Peter Denton     **

**       Phone: (01274) 232559       **
***************************************

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. opening a mdb file from a CD-ROM with VB5

2. Accessing file from one CD-ROM in a multiple CD-ROM system

3. Opening an MDB file on a CD-ROM

4. problem opening mdb from CD-ROM

5. Cannot open text file on mapped CD-ROM

6. How to change Multi Media CD-ROM in two or more CD-ROM system

7. running mdb from CD-ROM?

8. Access 2.0, 7.0 and VB5, One program to open any MDB

9. How can I open a MDB file on CD

10. Open a mdb.file from CD

11. help w/ cd-rom and cd-r/cd-rw program, please

12. Which one's the CD ROM drive?