Questions for VB4 Experts: Fake MDI
Author Message
 Questions for VB4 Experts: Fake MDI

Hi VB Experts,

I have a tough problem.  Please help! I need to simulate a MDI form
using In Process OLE Automation. The reason for this is the application
I am working on will be distributed out to the field.  I have to make
the application into several EXE modules and to make them independent
of each other so that whenever I make a change to one module I don't
have to recompile the entire application.  However, these EXE modules
need to interact with each other and behave like MDI childs.  Thus far,
using OLE automation I was able to create instances of a generic child
form for each EXE module. It works like a 3 tier MDI form:
MDI Parent -> Generic Child -> EXE module.

The problem I am running into is Menu.  If an EXE module has a menu
structure, it throws everything off: can't hide the generic child form,
can't make the menu show up on the MDI form... I have been searching
the Compuserve and Internet archive on VB and couldn't find any answers
although several people had posted similar questions.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Chung.

Sat, 15 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Non MDI - MDI (Design Question VB4/W31)

2. MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts

3. MDI Question for the experts

4. HELP:How to fake MDI application?

5. "Faking" MDI logic

6. VB4 RTB question for experts

7. Question about 'fake' windows

8. MS Chart control and (fake) Gantt charts-Basic question