Serial number / Unique Identifier
Author Message
 Serial number / Unique Identifier

Quote:

>>For my application I would like to be able to retrieve some unique
>>information about the users computer.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Hi there!
Depends on the information you'd like to get.
There are a few tools that allow you to detect CPU, NetBios and a few
other things.
You'll have to check the catalogues of software-retailers for that.

That's all, folks!

Joachim Hornig

New HTML-archive software now available for free download at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 26 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial number / Unique Identifier
Quote:

> >>For my application I would like to be able to retrieve some unique
> >>information about the users computer.  Does anyone have suggestions?

> Hi there!
> Depends on the information you'd like to get.
> There are a few tools that allow you to detect CPU, NetBios and a few
> other things.
> You'll have to check the catalogues of software-retailers for that.

> That's all, folks!

> Joachim Hornig

> New HTML-archive software now available for free download at:
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SOUNDVISION/kmainfo.htmUnder VB4 you can use the SysInfo Custom control or make call to the API

to retrieve info such as processor, memory, Available drives, and much
more,it might be useful to get read up on the API's available under
Windows

Hope this helps
Don Lindsley

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial number / Unique Identifier

2. How do I add a unique identifier (number range) to an existing table with records

3. HELP-VB5: getting CD SERIAL NUMBER or unique

4. Finding Hardisk Unique Serial Number

5. Volume serial number unique?

6. iPAQ unique serial number

7. Network card serial number or Bios Serial Number

8. Select Unique Record Identifier problem with Linking SQL server

9. Unique appointment identifier

10. Unique identifier

11. unique identifier for a custom appointment

12. Update a table that has only one record, where there is no unique identifier