RI Serial Port Line and Writing Strings to Files
Author Message
 RI Serial Port Line and Writing Strings to Files

I just started using VB a couple of weks ago so this questions
may reek newbie...

I'm trying to monitor the state of the RI (Ring Indicator)
line of a serial port.  As far as I know, VB does not provide
a way to check whether RI is high or not, only when it changes
(comEvRing).  Is there a way to check the status of this line
at any time (not just when it changes) in a similar fashion
to e.g. "MSComm1.CDHolding"?  I'd prefer not to do it using
external VBXes or DLLs, but if there's no way to do it within
VB any recommendations on freeware available would be
helpful.

Another question... I'm writing a string to an ASCII file, but
the string is written with surrounding quotation marks.  Is
there a way to write this string without the quotation marks?

Last one, does VB have bitwise operators?

Thanks,

Luis.

Wed, 03 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. RI Serial Port Line and Writing Strings to Files

2. File IO - Write string to specific line i textfile

3. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

4. Writing out to a serial port from Access VBA

5. How to write on a serial port ???????

6. Read and Write to Serial Ports?

7. Writing out to serial port from Access VBA

8. Controlling serial ports lines

9. WTT: Serial port read/write software

10. Writing to serial port

11. writing to serial port with VB3