Hotkeys from a system tray application
Author Message
 Hotkeys from a system tray application

Hi,

On a standard VB popup menu you can set HotKeys (or short-cut keys) to
activate a menu option if it's parent form has focus...

Well, if I have an application in the system tray which has a
right-click menu, how can I get short-cut keys to activate if the system
tray icon is not in focus??

Seeya,  Andy.

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hotkeys from a system tray application

Quote:
> On a standard VB popup menu you can set HotKeys (or short-cut keys)
> activate a menu option if it's parent form has focus...

> Well, if I have an application in the system tray which has a
> right-click menu, how can I get short-cut keys to activate if the
system
> tray icon is not in focus??

I don't *think* you can, but if you find out a way to do it, let me
know!! You owe me a favour! :)

Christina

--
Christina West

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hotkeys from a system tray application

Quote:

> I don't *think* you can, but if you find out a way to do it, let me
> know!! You owe me a favour! :)

Well, I can solve the system tray menu problem...
Look a few messages back at Mac Kinnon - Re: System Tray problems.
He suggests using SetForegoundWindow API - and it works.

--
Seeya,  Andy.
                                        -- Philips Semiconductors,

-- Telephone: +44 1703 702701  Ext 6265 -- Millbrook Industrial Estate,
-- Facsimile: +44 1703 31 6304          -- Southampton SO15 0DJ England

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

2. System Tray application

3. How to build an application that sits only in the system tray

4. Application -> start in system tray

5. Minimizing an Application to the System Tray...

6. VB applications and system tray - help!

7. VB applications running in the System Tray?

8. Iconizing application to system tray

9. system tray - modifying icons belonging to other applications

10. activate an application in the system tray

11. How to minimize application to system tray

12. How can i put my application icon in system tray