call-back functions in a fortran dll
Author Message
 call-back functions in a fortran dll

hello everybody,

i would like to do the following:
have a vb gui calling a fortran dll that does some math...
however, i would like to be able to display the progress of the fortran code
in the vb window.
i think it should be possible to define vb callback functions to be passed
to the fortran code as arguments, and to have the fortran code then call
these vb functions when something has to be updated in the gui.
after the callback exits, the fortran code resumes execution.

is this possible ? how ?

i have absolutely no idea how to declare, for example, the vb function to be
passed in the vb code itself....

did anybody try something similar ?

thx,

Cyril

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:21:38 GMT
 call-back functions in a fortran dll

| hello everybody,
|
| i would like to do the following:
| have a vb gui calling a fortran dll that does some math...
| however, i would like to be able to display the progress of the fortran code
| in the vb window.
| i think it should be possible to define vb callback functions to be passed
| to the fortran code as arguments, and to have the fortran code then call
| these vb functions when something has to be updated in the gui.
| after the callback exits, the fortran code resumes execution.
|
| is this possible ? how ?
|
| i have absolutely no idea how to declare, for example, the vb function to be
| passed in the vb code itself....
|
| did anybody try something similar ?

http://intel.forums.liveworld.com/thread.jsp?forum=76&thread=2263
http://intel.forums.liveworld.com/thread.jsp?forum=76&thread=1747

HTH
--
 Jugoslav
___________

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:44:04 GMT
 call-back functions in a fortran dll
Cyril,

I see Jugoslav gave you some links so I'll not {*filter*}in on the actual
question but ask one of my own--did you get the problem w/the Fortran
dll return values resolved cleanly?

On your problem, I've not done it the way you described, I've normally
kept the Fortran running in short chunks and updated the progress
indicator in VB by keeping track of how far along in the call sequence
I've gotten--but that doesn't <always> work well, of course....

Duane

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:22:35 GMT

1. Strings to Fortran dlls and back again!

2. Setting a call back function to a function inside a control

3. creating a callback function in c++ dll to callback a VB function in an exe

4. Newbie question - trying to call fortran dll from VB

5. Calling Fortran 77 dll's from Visual Basic under Excel

6. HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

7. HELP : visual basic calling fortran DLL

8. File I/O in Fortran DLL called from VB 5

9. Calling FORTRAN in DLL fails with strings

10. calling fortran dlls from VB

11. MS FORTRAN DLLs called by VB 5.0

12. Calling Fortran DLLs