snipits showing how to get MX record from DNS server
Author Message
 snipits showing how to get MX record from DNS server

I am writing an smtp server in vb5 using
the standard ms winsock.  I need to resolve
a providers mail server using the MX rather
than the standard "A" record.  Apparantly
the normal ws methods return only the "A"
or publicized server address.  Any clues
would be appreciated.

Tony

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 snipits showing how to get MX record from DNS server

Quote:

>I am writing an smtp server in vb5 using
>the standard ms winsock.  I need to resolve
>a providers mail server using the MX rather
>than the standard "A" record.  Apparantly
>the normal ws methods return only the "A"
>or publicized server address.  Any clues
>would be appreciated.

You could use the DNS control or library which is included in our
SocketTools Visual (OCX) or Library (DLL) Edition and do an MX query.
It is demonstrated in the DNS example for the library. We also have
some DNS Visual examples in several languages, just not VB. An
evaluation copy of SocketTools can be downloaded from www.catalyst.com

David

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DNS server/MX record

2. How to get the MX records from a DNS server

3. MX Records \ DNS servers

4. REQ: Help with DNS query for MX records (DNSQuery)

5. DNS MX-record query

6. DNS lookup for MX records

7. how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS

8. DNS MX-records

9. Get MX Records from a DNS

10. DNS MX records

11. DNS MX-record query

12. Query DNS (MX records) without CDO --