32 bit api equivalent for 'hmemcpy'
Author Message
 32 bit api equivalent for 'hmemcpy'

Subject says it all. This api is not carried to win32. Does anyone know
of an equivalent. Better yet, does anyone have a 32bit Version checking
code laying around. I want to get the company and other tidbits from
the dll or file and I don't know what needs to be converted. The 16 bit
code chokes bigtime - even after redeclaring the 32-bit functions. Plus
the hmemcpy doesn't exist. All help is appreciated.

Steve

Fri, 05 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit api equivalent for 'hmemcpy'
Hello Steve,

Try this :

Declare Sub CopyMemory Lib "kernel32" Alias "RtlMoveMemory" (hpvDest
As Any, hpvSource As Any, ByVal cbCopy As Long)

Hope it'll help you !

Joyanta SEN
(France)

Sat, 06 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit api equivalent for 'hmemcpy'

Quote:

>Subject says it all. This api is not carried to win32. Does anyone know
>of an equivalent. Better yet, does anyone have a 32bit Version checking
>code laying around. I want to get the company and other tidbits from
>the dll or file and I don't know what needs to be converted. The 16 bit
>code chokes bigtime - even after redeclaring the 32-bit functions. Plus
>the hmemcpy doesn't exist. All help is appreciated.

>Steve

This site is the MS KB page defining the 32-bit replacement for hmemcpy.

http://198.105.232.5:80/kb/developr/vb/q129947.htm.

Essentially, it boils down to

  #If Win32 Then
      Declare Sub CopyMemory Lib "KERNEL32" Alias "RtlMoveMemory" ( _
         hpvDest As Any, hpvSource As Any, ByVal cbCopy As Long)
   #Else
      Declare Sub CopyMemory Lib "KERNEL" Alias "hmemcpy" ( _
         hpvDest As Any, hpvSource As Any, ByVal cbCopy As Long)
   #End If

--
Jim Gilbert                    Sub Disclaimer()

Monsanto Co.                      myOpinionsReflectMyEmployers = False
St. Louis, MO                  End Sub

Sun, 07 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCP/IP stack 32-bit API's or OCX's

2. Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent

3. Q: Similar 32-bit API call for hmemcpy?

4. 32 bit equivalent of 16 bit API call GetModuleUsage

5. Which API's (16 or 32 bit)

6. 32-bit API's Not Found

7. 32 bit API Equivalents for fRead and fWrite

8. task id's of 32 bit exe's

9. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)

10. Using 16-bit dll's in 32-bit VB

11. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

12. 16 bit .dll's and 32 bit VB4