Retreiving data off WWW
Author Message
 Retreiving data off WWW

Can anyone explain to me how to retrieve info from the WWW and present the
data in this program i'm writing?

For example....I'd like to retrieve stock information from a WWW site like
"quote.yahoo.com" and display the info (stock
price....volume...change...etc... ) in a listview.  Before "retrieving" the
necessary data....the ticker symbol for the stock is already inputted in
listview...along with the column headers for price...volume, etc..  so only
basically just hit "update" and the info for the tickers that has been
added to the listview is updated with their new price, volume, etc....

The Online Book from VB 5...explains well how to retrieve a "page" or a
file, but not certain data that you would like to retrieve OFF a page.

Anyway....appreciate any help.  I tried surfing around for info on
this....but can't seem to find any.
Thanks,
Fred

Thu, 02 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Retreiving data off WWW

Look at the page in raw html format. Parse it to find what you want. Dan
Appleman's book: Developing ActiveX Components with Visual Basic 5.0 has an
example of this.

N Varacalli

Quote:

--
HTML and/or RTF mail will be rejected.

Replace "invalid.see.sig" with:

Visual Basic Wish List: Tell Microsoft what we want.

Fri, 03 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu

2. Retreiving data from HTML form textbox's and returning data to client

3. www service on or off

4. Access virtually any data source : Report off in-memory application data

5. comp.infosystems.www.authoring.misc, comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html, comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi, comp.infosystems.www.browsers.ms-windows

6. Retreiving data for unbound forms

7. Retreive data form Access 97

8. Retreiving data with bookmarks

9. Retreiving Data From IE Web Based System

10. Retreiving Data from a Text File

11. Retreiving data from Java server through WinSock COM object